Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Guest One way media (exp edge single nic deployment)

Hi, 

Im hitting a problem with one way video/audio. Strange thing is that I receive media from Jabber guest client to my sx10, which is registerd on CUCM and I can see that sx10 is sending RTP to expressway core but media doesnt reach jabber client. 

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Uldis,This can be caused

Hi Uldis,

This can be caused by several things. The two most likely causes are:

- The Expressway-E is configured to use Single NIC w/ NAT, however the firewall was not configured to hairpin the traffic correctly. Also, in this configuration, the Expressway-C should resolve the Expressway-E FQDN on the traversal zone to be the NAT address and not the internal ip address.

- The Expressway-E is configured to use Single NIC w/ NAT, however the deployment model used between the Expressway's and the Jabber Guest server was a Dual NIC Expressway-E model (or vice versa). It is important to deploy Jabber Guest as stated in the Guide depending on in you have a single NIC Expressway-E or a Dual NIC Expressway-E.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi, I have single NIC

Hi,

I have single NIC deployment but Exp-E is with public ip so no NAT there.

Jabber guest was configured for single nic deployment as stated in deployment guide.

Views
Helpful
Replies