cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest server Local SSL certificate

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi , trying to download a local ssl certificate from jabberguest server and issued a 'generate a new self signed certificate' request. system shows 'a certificate signing request is being created, please wait' . unfortunetly its been like that for 2 days now - even after rebooting the server it still reports the same. (version is 10.5.3.115)....any advice appreciated.....TIA , Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

I had a look at my Jabber Guest server this morning and oddly enough I found the same thing as you did. I'm not sure when the server got into this state however I can say it has been fully functional. Anyway, there are two options that you generally should have.

1) "Generate a New Self-Signed Certificate"

2) "Create a New Certificate Signing Request"

To restore these options I had to run the certificate scripts through the root of the system.

1) cd /opt/cisco/webcommon/scripts/

2) ./createcsr.sh   (This is for the Cert Signing Request)

3) ./selfsigned.sh  (This is for the Self Sign)

After running each script you'll need to run through the general certificate questions.

I hope this helps.

-P

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

I had a look at my Jabber Guest server this morning and oddly enough I found the same thing as you did. I'm not sure when the server got into this state however I can say it has been fully functional. Anyway, there are two options that you generally should have.

1) "Generate a New Self-Signed Certificate"

2) "Create a New Certificate Signing Request"

To restore these options I had to run the certificate scripts through the root of the system.

1) cd /opt/cisco/webcommon/scripts/

2) ./createcsr.sh   (This is for the Cert Signing Request)

3) ./selfsigned.sh  (This is for the Self Sign)

After running each script you'll need to run through the general certificate questions.

I hope this helps.

-P

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you so much Paul - saved me opening a  tac case. Looks like a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: