Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Guest server Local SSL certificate

Hi , trying to download a local ssl certificate from jabberguest server and issued a 'generate a new self signed certificate' request. system shows 'a certificate signing request is being created, please wait' . unfortunetly its been like that for 2 days now - even after rebooting the server it still reports the same. (version is 10.5.3.115)....any advice appreciated.....TIA , Jeff

• Jabber Clients
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Jeff, I had a look at my

Jeff,

I had a look at my Jabber Guest server this morning and oddly enough I found the same thing as you did. I'm not sure when the server got into this state however I can say it has been fully functional. Anyway, there are two options that you generally should have.

1) "Generate a New Self-Signed Certificate"

2) "Create a New Certificate Signing Request"

To restore these options I had to run the certificate scripts through the root of the system.

1) cd /opt/cisco/webcommon/scripts/

2) ./createcsr.sh   (This is for the Cert Signing Request)

3) ./selfsigned.sh  (This is for the Self Sign)

After running each script you'll need to run through the general certificate questions.

I hope this helps.

-P

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Jeff, I had a look at my

Jeff,

I had a look at my Jabber Guest server this morning and oddly enough I found the same thing as you did. I'm not sure when the server got into this state however I can say it has been fully functional. Anyway, there are two options that you generally should have.

1) "Generate a New Self-Signed Certificate"

2) "Create a New Certificate Signing Request"

To restore these options I had to run the certificate scripts through the root of the system.

1) cd /opt/cisco/webcommon/scripts/

2) ./createcsr.sh   (This is for the Cert Signing Request)

3) ./selfsigned.sh  (This is for the Self Sign)

After running each script you'll need to run through the general certificate questions.

I hope this helps.

-P

Thank you so much Paul -

Thank you so much Paul - saved me opening a  tac case. Looks like a bug.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.