Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jabber Guest - Turn Error

I tried to connect to a video conference and installed the necessary software - Chrome plug-in and Cisco Jabber Guest add-on. During the connection I received an error message:

"TURN Error:  Your call attempt has failed due to incompatibility with your home or company security infrastructure. Please contact your network administrator or check your home network security settings."

So far I opened UDP port 3478 on the firewall but to no avail. Is there anything else I can do? The error message is really not helpful.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Hi, 

See if the following information helps you:

This message indicates that the web client could not allocate the TURN relay on the TURN server. This could occur for one of the following reasons:
- UDP port 3478 is blocked. You must allow this port inbound from the public Internet to the Cisco Expressway-E.
- The DNS record for the TURN server is not resolvable (must be a DNS A-record).
- The Expressway-E TURN Server (IP Address or DNS Name) field and Turn Port fields are not configured correctly in Cisco Jabber Guest Administration (Settings > Call Control and Media).
- The Domain name (Settings > Call Control and Media, under Cisco Expressway-C) is not a configured domain name on Cisco Expressway-C or is not configured for Cisco Jabber Guest services.

reference: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/11_0/icg/jabc_b_installation-and-configuration-guide-for/jabc_b_installation-and-configuration-guide-for_chapter_0110.html

it mostly look like

it mostly look like misconfiguration in Jabber Guest server . first check the expressway-edge and make sure  UDP port 3478 is the default port on the Expressway-E. The port could be changed or could use a range of ports. In order to confirm which port should be used, check the Expressway-E TURN configuration.

Check jabber Guest Server call control and media and make sure you are adding as per cisco jabber guest configuration Guide .

The Domain name on the Jabber Guest server (Settings > Call Control and Media, under Cisco Expressway-C) is not a configured domain name on Cisco Expressway-C or is not configured for Cisco Jabber Guest service.

After all these do the port mapping to make it work properly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content