Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest with VCS Control Registered Endpoint and MCU

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

According to my plans; i will try to integrate Jabber Guest with Collaboration Enviroment.

Use Cases;

1. Call between Jabber Guest and VCS Control Registered EX90

2. Add Jabber Guest a MCU Conference where MCU registered to VCS Control

3. Call between Jabber Guest and Jabber

Any comments will be welcome :)

Best Regards,

Mesut

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jalumbau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mesut,

As of Jabber Guest 10.0, only #3 above is supported. However, we will be releasing JG 10.5 soon (hopefully within the next month), and it will support all 3 of your use cases above. The only caveat is for use cases #1 and #2, you will need to have a CUCM in the call flow.

View solution in original post

Configuration steps for JG integration w/ VCS and CUCM can be found here. (Steps for CUCM integration are included in the above; on the CUCM side, just configure a simple SIP trunk to JG).

Information on supported/unsupported features are in the release notes.

Call scenarios can be found in the Install and Config guide.

Use cases can be found both here and here.

If after viewing the above, you still cannot find what you're looking for, please provide additional details.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

jalumbau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mesut,

As of Jabber Guest 10.0, only #3 above is supported. However, we will be releasing JG 10.5 soon (hopefully within the next month), and it will support all 3 of your use cases above. The only caveat is for use cases #1 and #2, you will need to have a CUCM in the call flow.

Hi Jalumbau,

There is already CUCM v10.5.1 and VCS E/C v8.2 on my topology.

What about now? All use cases supported?

Could you please some configuration/integration documents?

Best Regards,

Mesut

All use cases are not supported now with JG 10.0. If you'd like to try a beta release of JG 10.5 which will support all your use cases, you can join our EAP community and download the 10.5 software (details are below).  The EAP documentation with provide configuration information.

Otherwise, you can wait until 10.5 officially releases.

======================

You must join the Customer Connection Program (CCP) first if you haven’t already, and then you will have access to the Private - Customer Connection Program space where you can register for a Jabber Beta trial.

Getting Started

1.      Please go to the Customer Connection Program public landing page: https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/usergroups?view=overview

2.      If you are already a Customer Connection Program member,  login with your Cisco.com(CCO) ID.

3.      If you are not currently a Customer Connection Program member,  follow the instructions to join the Customer Connection Program and then return to step 1 above.

4.      Once you’ve logged in, click on the link “Go to the private member community”

5.      Once you are in the Private – Customer Connection Program space, click on the “Access & sign up for trials” button in theEarly Adopters and Beta Trials section.

6.      Select the Jabber Beta Trial of interest, read the requirements and register for the beta.

Thank you.

Is there any integration guide for JG10? It is hard to find any useful document for JG indeed.

Best Regards,

Mesut

Please refer to the Install and Configuration Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_0/icg/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide.html

Is there any internal PDF or video?

I think this doc does not cover all steps and configurations.

Mesut

Mesut, all our documentation for 10.0 is here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/jabber-guest/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

Is there some specific configuration or set of steps you believe is missing from this documentation?

Actually i could not find any configuration steps for JG integration with VCS Control or CUCM.

No information for CUCM and VCS Control site configurations, use cases, supported/unsupported features, call scenarios exc.

Best Regards,

Mesut

Configuration steps for JG integration w/ VCS and CUCM can be found here. (Steps for CUCM integration are included in the above; on the CUCM side, just configure a simple SIP trunk to JG).

Information on supported/unsupported features are in the release notes.

Call scenarios can be found in the Install and Config guide.

Use cases can be found both here and here.

If after viewing the above, you still cannot find what you're looking for, please provide additional details.

Thanks.

Thank you Jalumbau.

Your help is really useful and kind.

Best Regards,

Mesut

Josue Diaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jalumbau,

I'm using existing VCS-C and VCS-E clusters to provide Jabber Guest functionality. Endpoints are registered to this VCS environment.

I'm not quite clear when the release notes say that CUCM needs to be in the call flow. Do we need to configure the Jabber Guest Call Control and Media to "Route calls using CUCM", even though this is not supported in a production environment? Or does it mean that VCS-C needs to do some kind of "hairpin" through CUCM?

Thank you for your help.

Josue

Hi Josue,

You need to configure the Jabber Guest Call Control to "Route calls using Cisco Expressway".  Attached is an example call flow for endpoints registered to VCS.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. In our customer case, the VCS serves as registrar for endpoints and for Jabber Guest UC Zone. I guess that this means that the call needs to be routed to CUCM and from CUCM back to VCS. Am I right?

Thanks again.

Josue

Josue,

Yes, in your customer scenario that would be the case.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: