Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber High Availability Setup

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm working on a deployment of IM&P Server v9.1 with a publisher and a subscriber in a cluster, I've configured HA for the cluster and it is working fine (when the pub goes down no one gets disconnected and all the chat services work fine) but I have a question about the configuration in the jabber software for windows, ios, android, etc:

Let's take a look to the jabber desktop for windows, when you configure the ip address of the server, what should you configure there??? in my case I've configured the ip add of the IM&P Pub and my users worked fine with all the services BUT if the pub goes down no one can login using the jabber (this make sense since is the pub add the one that the users are looking for in that config) unless I configure in this screen the ip add of the Sub.

jabber.JPG

Is there a configuration that can be done in order to have this automatic???

Thanks in advance for your comments.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check my post on using srv records for redundant jabber login

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/using-srv-records-for-redundancy-and.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check my post on using srv records for redundant jabber login

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/using-srv-records-for-redundancy-and.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks alot for your comment!

Just one question, besides this DNS SRV config what do I need to configure in the IM&Presence Server in order to have this working???

How can I make jabber to know when to use one record or the other??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

I configured the DNS SRV and it worked perfect!

Thanks alot for your help.

Regards,