cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber ID as Directory URI fail when searching for contacts, Jabber still returns userID@domain as IM address

Jiri Solc
Level 5
Level 5

I've got a problem with JID set to Directory URI in CUCM/IMP 10.5. We've set up IMP node to Directory URI as IM Address Scheme in IMP Admin > Presence > Settings > Advanced Configuration. Directory URI is synced from email address in LDAP integration, every user has correct Directory URI value.

Despite this setup client (JfW 10.5) always returns userID@domain as IM address for every LDAP user I try to search. If I add user manually with JID=Directory URI address, user is identified correctly and communication is working. 

IMP Documentation says EDI must be used to get this working. UDS is not supported at this time. Unfortunatelly I can't get contact search working even with EDI and desktop in MS AD domain.

For example:

My JID = email = Directory URI = jiri.solc@domain.cz

My userID = solc

When I search for contacts, Jabber returns solc@domain.cz as IM address every time.

Only workaround is to add a contact manually without searching for one.

Any ideas? Thank you...

31 Replies 31

Jabber 10.6 will have the ability for Flexible URI. The expected date to be released is 27 Jan 2015.

Its bad that Cisco is releasing IM & P that has the URI option and Jabber is not.

This confused alot of people and they have created a defect for that:

CSCuo95266    Jabber Windows and directory URI address scheme in IMP 10.x -doc defect

Hello.

We were able to solve this as well. We are using UDS only.

We have the following:

CUCM 10.5.1

IM&P 10.5.1

Jabber 10.6 - We had to reset all instances of this to get the proper jabber-config.xml to download. Then remove contacts and re-add.

On our CUCM service profile for Jabber we have Directory / LDAP set to none, however, we have Use UDS checked.

Here is our jabber-config.xml. Also make sure your tftp is reachable, and also that you have saved the xml file in utf-8 text format.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Policies>
   <EnableSIPURIDialling>false</EnableSIPURIDialling>
   <DirectoryURI>mail</DirectoryURI>
 </Policies>
 <Presence>
  <PresenceServerAddress>presence-server-address-here</PresenceServerAddress>
  <PresenceServerDomain>presence-server-domain.com-here</PresenceServerDomain>
 </Presence>
 <Directory>
   <IMAddresses use-default="false">
      <IMAddress>mail</IMAddress>
   </IMAddresses>
   <UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
   <SipUri>mail</SipUri>
   <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
   <PresenceServer>presence-server-address-here</PresenceServer>
   <UdsServer>callmanager-server-address-here</UdsServer>
 </Directory>
</config>

Hi,

That config has given me some progress thanks. The thing is up the top of the jabber application it displays the URI of the logged in user and not FirstName LastName, did you have this issue? If so were you able to resolve it?

Thanks

Hi,

I think this problem is discussed in this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11512806/jabber-windows-name-displayed-userdomain

best regards

Hi,

solved the problem, a space is missing in the XML script:

from your post

<IMAddressesuse-default=”false”>

correct:

<IMAddresses use-default=”false”>

Philipp

Hi,

I cannot find any documentation (Jabber 10.6 deployment guide, directory sources section) on the parameter <IMAddresses use-default="false"> or generate that output using the tool. Is there anything you can link?

I do have my jabber 10.6 clients being able to display the ChatIM address as desired but the top of the client displays the URI format of the user and not FirstName LastName. People in the jabber directory and contact list are displayed as the FirstName LastName along with the correct URI.

My Jabber clients are using UDS, which again is confusing as some presence doco states need to use AD but Jabber 10.6 slide decks states you can have UDS. I would like to use UDS.

Hi,

this was also my intention to search through the jabber deployment guides and I did not find them either.

but as the message was from a cisco contact I gave it a try and it was working.

the problem seems to be that jabber, by default, does not support the Directory URI option which is already available within the server configuration. it was suposed to be implemented with version 10.6 but it seems it wasn't.

the problem was that, when displaying the profile of a user that is in your address book (not an already added contact) the userid@defaultdomain was displayed as IM address.

when you go to New => Company Contact and you add the full mail address (do not press TAB) the IM chat field is updated for the contact.

the IMAddress option did update this with the mail adress which is also our IM chat address.

Philipp

Hi, 

Are you using EDI or UDS?

Are you able to attach your jabber-config.xml file obviously remove/replace any details. I ended up using the generator tool and replaced anything that resembled a lookup to use 'mail'. Trying to cut it back to just the IMAddress or generating the file without default values didn't work. I'm really just trying to resolve the display name of the logged in user to change it to Firstname Lastname and not display the URI

Hi,

we are on EDI and using Active Directory in the background.

Philipp

Thanks, will test it out tomrrow

Not supported yet, targeting 10.6  version jabber. 

Tapan

Hi,

we solved the problem, we are using:

- jabber 10.5.4

- cucm 10.5.2

- presence server 10.5.2

in the jabber-config.xml on the CuCM we added the following values:

<Directory>
   <IMAddresses use-default="false">
      <IMAddress>mail</IMAddress>
   </IMAddresses>
   <UriPrefix>sip:</UriPrefix>
 </Directory>

also check in Presence => Domains that prints "The IM Address scheme is set to Directory URI"

best regards

Philipp

Using one of your config file lines fixed a similar problem I was having. Instead of the Jabber IM address resolving to username@domain it was resolving to sip:username@domain for directory look ups only (searches).

Adding in this line seemed to fix the problem:

<UriPrefix>SIP:</UriPrefix>

or

<UriPrefix>sip:</UriPrefix>

The UriPrefix parameter is case sensitive, FYI.

Thanks

- Stephen

tvail85
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, the IM address is correct in CUPs, but not in Jabber. LDAP is working properly in Jabber, no errors.

Tom

Hi,

we solved the problem

in the jabber-config.xml on the CuCM we added the following values

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">

<Presence>
  <PresenceServerAddress>172.1.1.3</PresenceServerAddress>
  <PresenceServerDomain>domain.com</PresenceServerDomain>
 </Presence>
 <Directory>
  <ConnectionType>1</ConnectionType>
  <PrimaryServerName>172.1.1.15</PrimaryServerName>
  <ServerPort1>389</ServerPort1>
  <UseWindowsCredentials>0</UseWindowsCredentials>
  <ConnectionUsername>admin@domain.com</ConnectionUsername>
  <ConnectionPassword>password</ConnectionPassword>
 </Directory>
</config>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: