Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IM for iPhone and corporate directory search

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hello!

In the Administrator's Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/Cisco_Jabber_IM_for_iPhone_Admin.pdf)

I cannot  find an example of how configuring the client to search in the corporate  directory, or the

requirements to do this. I don't understand how it  works, in Cisco Jabber for Windows we configured UDS to search into CUCM  directory, but it was also possible to use a external LDAP.

I tried also to configure a LDAP Profile in CUPS, and to associate the user to this profile but Jabber IM cannot find any contacts.

CUPS 8.6(3), Cisco Jabber IM 1.0.0

Regards,

Mirko

4 Replies 4

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

OK, I found the error: the port in the server's settings was wrong, 389  instead of 3268.

Now I have another problem! Jabber for iPhone finds the contact through the first or last  name, and displays the email address in the contact fields. The  email address does not correspond to the IM-address (because we have  multiples domains and AD in our cluster) and when I try to chat with a  searched contact Jabber start a chat with the email contact.

How can I change the email field with the IM-address field?

I would appreciate your help.

Mirko

Configuration problem! On CUPS Administration, Application->Cisco Jabber->Setting->

Cisco Jabber LDAP Attribute Mapping I've set Microsoft Active Application Mode an it works.

"I found the error: the port in the server's settings was wrong, 389  instead of 3268."

Where did you configure this?  Does Jabber IM use the LDAP Profile from CUPS?  I am also using UDS to querry CUCM in Jabber for Windows.

Thanks!

Jabber IM for iPhone use the LDAP profile configurable on the CUPS Admin page,  Application->Cisco Jabber->LDAP Profile.

At first you have to configure your LDAP Server (Application->Cisco Jabber->LDAP Server): add here the  IP Address of the LDAP  Server with port 3268 and protocol type TCP, when you don't need to use  LDAPS.

After that configure the LDAP profile and associate the user to this profile: you can  do this either in the user setting page (Application->Cisco Jabber->User  Setting) or directly on the LDAP Profile page.