cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber integrate with Windows LDAP SearchBase or <BaseFilter> Problem

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, I have a setting problem about the Windows AD in the Search Base or Filtering.
Actually, my Windows AD is for my global office, but I don’t want the Jabber can search all global people, so I set the restriction as below methods (but that is still not work):

Filter: CUCM > User Management > UC Services > “Directory_Service”
Typing the Windows AD IP; 389 port; TCP; Phone Number Masks: +852 (It is because the Business Phone is E.164 format, so I want to use this value to filer non Hong Kong people)

SearchBase: CUCM > User Management > UC Profile > “Directory Profile”
Typing the AD “Username” & “Password” & “Search Base 1: ou=Users,ou=HK,ou=Asia,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=com”

XML SearchBase and Filter: <BaseFilter>(&amp;(objectCategory=person)(|(ipphone=+852)))</BaseFilter>

The above three methods are still not work. The Jabber user still can search the all global people.

Hi All Jabber Experts,

Any idea for that?

1 Reply 1

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Should I set the LDAP authentication searching account, who have the Hong Kong folder permission only? Then the account would make the effect on the LDAP authentication on the CM & CUPS servers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: