cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber iPhone App does not ring while in the background

thomas.waterman
Level 1
Level 1

I have an array of iPhones running the new Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad. They are running the newest version of the software and are connect to CUCM version 9.1.1.20000-5. The issue they have is that if the Jabber app is in the foreground running it works just fine. If it is in the background more often that not the phone doesn't even ring until minutes after the call is completed if it ever rings at all. Has anyone ever run into something like this? We have other deployments out there that work just fine.

Kind regards,

Tom

5 Replies 5

lorenz84gDD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thomas,

I have your exact same problem. Did you manage to fix it?

thanks

Lorenz

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

No we can't seem to find a fix for it and TAC has been unhelpful. So now we have an angry customer with no solution.

stupid question: Did you try to change the notifications settings for the app from ios?

Settings>Notification Center and enable sounds

for jabber voice it worked

lorenz

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

Playing with Notification center, un-install the application, reboot..., this does not help for me.

I am using Cisco Jabber Voice 9.1.6 on iPhone5S IOS-7.1.

I had the same issue with my old iPhone4 in dec. 2013. This was fixed by migrating my configuration to a new iPhone5S and told everyone that Jabber Voice is now working but need a new device.

Now after 2 months of correct usage. It is no more possible to receive a call as I cannot keep Jabber open. Nothing has changed on the Cisco server. The application and the iPhone IOS was updated.

A huge notification bug somewhere. 

I finally got it back to work. This was in fact quite easy:

I had SipFone application running. I just tried once to run SipFone and keep it in my openned applications. This does not impact Jabber untill your restart the iPhone. Then at the boot process the SipFone should be the latest to register the IP Phone notifications and Jabber will not get them anymore.

To avoid this notification issue, just close SipFone application and restart the iPhone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: