cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Issue using softphone feature (CTI prob)

Nicolas MICHEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there .

We are actually deploying jabber on our Mac users and CUPC on our Windows users. Nothing extraordinary here

The problem is that everything is working perfectly on the CUPC but not on Jabber. Let me explain :

When Using Deskphone with jabber, it works ok (registration to CTI profile pointing to Subscriber:2748 is OK)

When Using Softphone with Jabber, it does not work (it tries to register to the publisher:2748) . The problem is that the Publisher is NOT in ANY CTI profile/Gateway Server of the  CUPS Configuration........

Can someone tell me why does it works like this ?

Many thanks for your enlightment

5 Replies 5

Nicolas MICHEL
Level 1
Level 1

and

Based on your description it appears that Jabber is not registering as a SIP phone to UCM. So this does not appear to be a CTI related problem. Can you try providing the Softphone server to be the TFTP server.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the CSF device created for Jabber and is user associated with t?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Can you post a Problem Reporting Tool diagnostic?

- Do you notice any difference between CUPC for Windows and Jabber for Mac in softphone mode?

- Are your CUCM servers defined by IP address, hostname FQDN?

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

Did you get this figured out?  i am having this issue as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: