Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Issue

webvision411
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CUCM 9.1 deployment and IM and Presence integrated. I can control my phone through Jabber and place calls using deskphone or softphone, chat etc. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to call the actual jabber client. If I call the jabber user from my Jabber, their deskphone rings.

Is there a way to do Jabber - Jabber calls instead of calling the deskphone extension?

btw video on jabber for windows works, but jabber for mac 8.6.6 doesn;t have any video options anywhere

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just call the DN you assigned to the CSF device

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you have built the CSF device and associated to your End User properly, you need to switch the client from deskphone control to softphone mode. This is in the lower-right corner of the Windows client window.

The Jabber for Mac 8.6 client does not support video. Softphone video is coming in 9.2 (currently in beta, ETA not available). CAST-based deskphone video will require the MediaNet Services Interface for OSX before it's even possible and this doesn't exist yet.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: