Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber License and 7911

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello everybody,

I have telephones 7911 and I am trying enable mobile client (Jabber for Android and Iphone) for users.

I use CUCM 8.6 and enhance license for all telephones.

I bought adjuncts licenses for enable Jabber on the phones, but when I go enable the second device (Jabber) apear a message "Update failed. The device must use the same or less DLUs as their primary phone."

What is wrong?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adjunct licensing only allows 2 devices to be associated with a particular Primary Phone, if you have more than 2 devices configured to use the same Primary Phone, then you'll need a full license for the additional devices.

For your specific error, the 7911 consumes 3 DUL, while the Dual Mode for iPhone or Dual Mode for Android consume 4 DUL.  And since the 7911 uses less DULs, we cannot use it as a sole Primary Phone.  So for adjunct licensing, you'd need to associate the Mobile Jabber client with a Physical Phone that consumes at least 4 DUL; or use a full 4 DUL to enable each mobile Jabber.

You can view the DUL consumption for the various devices in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager adminsitration pages.  Simply navigate to System > Licensing > License Unity Calculator.

Thanks for your answer Szelenka.

Actually I understand what is happening (7911 use 3 DLUs and Jabber use 4 DLUs), but I disagree. That is a error from Cisco at my point of view.

The 7911 Phone are using enhanced license. This is the bigger license. Why can´t I enable Jabber for users who are using 7911 since those phone are using enhanced license? And I have DLUs free too.

Regards.

If the enchanced license you purchased should allow for the adjunct licensing of the Jabber clients for mobile, I'd recommend contacting your sales rep or TAC to get it straightend out.

From the server license enforcement, it's looking strictly at the amount of DULs for each device and reporting the error based on that.  It does prohibit certain configurations because of this, and there's no quick workaround to get by this limitation.  This blurb may help explain why it functions this way:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fslicense.html#wp1139255

You don't need to have a Primary Phone configured on the Dual Mode for iPhone/Android for the device to share the same DN/enduser.  It's really only used to trigger Adjunct lisensing for the secondary device.

Yes, because that (7911 uses less DLUs than Jabbers), I can´t configure 7911 as primary device. And because that the users can´t make the handoff between physical phone (7911) and Jabber.

Is that?

Is there any workaround for that?

Did you find out a work around. I have the same problem with my 7911 and Android jabber clients. This really sucks.

Regards,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: