cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber main window opens with each new chat message - how do I stop it?

Hey,

With the recent Cisco Jabber update I've noticed that each time I receive a chat message (just a new message in an already open chat window) the main Jabber window reopens each time. Anyone know how I stop this from happening? It's really annoying. I don't want the main Jabber window open all of the time.

Thanks.

23 Replies 23

Manish, I too have the same problem whereby the main Jabber window opens along with the chat window each time I receive a new chat.

There should be an option to only have the chat window open when receiving new chats, and NOT the main Jabber window also.

Windows 10 Enterprise x64, version 1511

Jabber version 11.8.0 Build 49608

benjones1
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here, they removed the option, and it is very annoying to have the contacts window keep reopening. 

m.regenhardt
Level 1
Level 1

We just started using jabber a few months ago. It's really annoying not being able to get rid of that window. It pops up every time there is another message.

Jacob K
Level 1
Level 1

This issue occurs across our environment as well. Tests on several PCs with different users indicate that the issue occurs with 11.8.0, 11.8.3 and 11.8.4 but it doesn't occur with 11.7.1 on the same PC with the same user etc.

PCs tested are Win 7 x86, x64 and Win 10 x64 1703

narinderrai
Level 1
Level 1

We just deployed 11.8.4 through group policy and everyone in our organization facing the same issue 

Manish, when can we get an update on this???

tropikalstorm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also experiencing this issue with 11.8.2 and 11.8.4.

Is there any updates to this issue and a ticket# for this bug?

I don't know how this boiled to the top of the list however we reported this and this was added in to 11.9, and remains in 12.0 as the client behavior. The hub window stays away until you open it, so, I guess, if someone is still searching this problem and they're on 11.8 for some reason, upgrade.

We recently upgraded to 11.9 and are just now having users note the issue, though I seem to remember it having the hub-pops-up-too behavior on the previous version for me personally. I suspect it is a global configuration bug as noted earlier in this thread, but can't find any proof or troubleshooting tips on what to do to resolve the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: