Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Mobile Remote Access - No Audio

MatniBassam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Jabber MRA setup with windows jabber client version 9.7.4. Internally everything works perfectly, while externally users can login but only chatting is working no audio is being passed to both parties.

The setup consist of the following:

CUCM Version: 9.1.2.12900-11

IM & Presence Version: 9.1.1.41900-1

EXP-C&E version: 8.1.1

EXP-E is installed on a single leg with a natted IP.

I've noticed that the media isn't being routed from the call details on EXP-C & E.

Attached media error.

Any ideas,thanks for the help.

11 Replies 11

TomislavRapic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check that ports 2776 and 2777 TCP and UDP are opened between exp-c to exp-e (Public natted IP). Also on traversal zone configuration on EXP-C  you should use public ip (natted) of EXP-E.

Had this problem yesterday.

Tomi

i checked all given ports..it is open but still it is not working..

for EXPC, zone, do i need to use public ip as i am using FQDN name now..?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi,

Using FQDN is not a problem, just make sure that EXP-C is resolving public IP address via this FQDN.

br,

Tomi

thanks for update..

but how interanlly EXPC resolve public IP..i am getting this from EXPC>..

it is showing EXPE internal ip..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi,

For a test I meant in zone config tu use Public IP instead of fqdn name.

br,

Tomi

Hello All,

thanks for your all support.

as i am using single NIC in EXPE. if i go with dual nic, do i need NAT on firewall or it will work without NAT for jabber from outside?

i also want to know how can connect EXPE in dual NIC mode?

do i need to connect physically 2 inetrface to ASA as 1 to internal and 2 to external firewall?

currently i have configured UCS server 2nd physical port in DMZ vlan and connected it. if we use for dual nic how it will configure and work?

!

do i need to apply ip and NAT on LAN2 interface of EXPE for enable dual nic configuration?

!

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi,

Checkout the DualNIC section on this link. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

Have you set NAT address on NIC configuration. This should be set if you use single interface with private address. This tells EXP-E what address to use in signaling payload.

There is quite alot to be done when going to DualNIC option. Yes you need two LAN connections and appropriate Firewall configuration with NAT.

br,

Tomi

Thanks for update that i need two physical lan connections.

what firewall configuration need in dual nic case?

what configuration need in single nic case on firewall?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi,

EXP-c asks the DNS server that is conigured for him to resolve the address. So DNS server has to be adjusted to respond with public ip address.

For test you might test with public IP address of Exp-E instead of FQDN, but this might cause certificates issues. FQDN is the right way. 

Also the firewall rules have to allow the ports then EXP-c to EXP-e (public ip).

br,

tomi

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I am also facing same issue..

any help would be more helpful to fix it..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma