Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Jabber not generating sound for notifications

Hi

I am running Jabber (11.8.0) on a MAC (10.12.3) and I don't remember when Jabber stopped playing sounds when a chat comes in for example. It is completely quiet. Calls are ok, incoming calls are ringing fine and all my other apps like Outlook are generating sounds for their notifications. Any idea where to start?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

don't suppose you ever found

don't suppose you ever found resolution for this? I also have the problem along with some coworkers, internal tech support hasn't solved it

13 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Might want to reach our

Might want to reach our internal IT for assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

Thank you, Jaime. Might do

Thank you, Jaime. Might do that as a last resort.

don't suppose you ever found

don't suppose you ever found resolution for this? I also have the problem along with some coworkers, internal tech support hasn't solved it

Cisco Employee

I'm also having this issue.

I'm also having this issue. Thanks for noting that internal support hasn't solved it. At least that saves me a phone call. Anyone know if a fix is on the way?

Cisco Employee

After a few updates, I got

After a few updates, I got sound again.

Cisco Employee

I hope that happens for me. I

I hope that happens for me. I'm using the latest—11.8.0 (249632)—and it's still a problem.

Cisco Employee

Mary, I am using 11.9.0

Mary, I am using 11.9.0 (253531) on Mac OS-X. Just FYI.

Cisco Employee

That's interesting. When I

That's interesting. When I open "Check for Updates..." it says I'm using the latest version available, so there's no option to update.

Is 11.9.0 a beta? Did you do anything special to get access to it?

Cisco Employee

Are you on ACE?

Are you on ACE?

Cisco Employee

I'm not sure, actually. How

I'm not sure, actually. How might I check?

Just wanted to add a "me too"

Just wanted to add a "me too". I've got a user with an iMac running OS X10.12.5 and Jabber for Mac 11.8.1 and a Sennheiser C60 headset. Setting audio volume and changing ringtones provides audio output, Jabber is set to use all devices for alerts, but incoming calls produce no audible alert.

Re: Just wanted to add a "me too"

is there any solution for getting sound to work on 10.12.6 and 11.9 jabber? makes it pretty tough to use as a communication tool when you don't know somebody is communicating with you.

Re: Jabber not generating sound for notifications

macbook pro , os 10.12.6, jabber 11.9.0 (254533) - no sound in chat... any solutions yet?
Views
Helpful
Replies