Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber not generating sound for notifications

khchow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I am running Jabber (11.8.0) on a MAC (10.12.3) and I don't remember when Jabber stopped playing sounds when a chat comes in for example. It is completely quiet. Calls are ok, incoming calls are ringing fine and all my other apps like Outlook are generating sounds for their notifications. Any idea where to start?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

don't suppose you ever found resolution for this? I also have the problem along with some coworkers, internal tech support hasn't solved it

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might want to reach our internal IT for assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you, Jaime. Might do that as a last resort.

don't suppose you ever found resolution for this? I also have the problem along with some coworkers, internal tech support hasn't solved it

I'm also having this issue. Thanks for noting that internal support hasn't solved it. At least that saves me a phone call. Anyone know if a fix is on the way?

After a few updates, I got sound again.

I hope that happens for me. I'm using the latest—11.8.0 (249632)—and it's still a problem.

Mary, I am using 11.9.0 (253531) on Mac OS-X. Just FYI.

That's interesting. When I open "Check for Updates..." it says I'm using the latest version available, so there's no option to update.

Is 11.9.0 a beta? Did you do anything special to get access to it?

Are you on ACE?

I'm not sure, actually. How might I check?

Gary Parker
Level 1
Level 1

Just wanted to add a "me too". I've got a user with an iMac running OS X10.12.5 and Jabber for Mac 11.8.1 and a Sennheiser C60 headset. Setting audio volume and changing ringtones provides audio output, Jabber is set to use all devices for alerts, but incoming calls produce no audible alert.

is there any solution for getting sound to work on 10.12.6 and 11.9 jabber? makes it pretty tough to use as a communication tool when you don't know somebody is communicating with you.

gdohmeier
Level 1
Level 1
macbook pro , os 10.12.6, jabber 11.9.0 (254533) - no sound in chat... any solutions yet?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: