Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on Samsung and IPad for CUCME 8.6

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1
I installed Cisco Jabber on Samsung Galaxy for CUCME 8.6 
But I don't know what I should enter in the Device ID field .
I think I should enter the tftp server ip in the Server address field right ?

Are there any Docs to help me to configure Jabber on Samsung and the Router config too?

5 Replies 5

knicgabh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Device ID is the device name of their Android device, for example BOTJSMITH.

The server address is the IP address of the TFTP server.

Full details of how to configure Andriod devices is available here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/JABA_BK_A940B90D_00_jabber-for-android-admin-guide.html

I still get the

ERROR "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"

Hi Katie

Is the Jabber client for android supported on CUCME 8.6. We have got the iPhones etc. all working but we are struggling to get the Samsung S2 to work.

can we use the cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn file, if so is there a tar version or how do we install it on CME 8.6

Thanks

david

miwilusz
Level 1
Level 1

In order to get support for Jabber for Android, you need to be running CUCME 9.0.  This is the first release where support for Android was added.

-mike

Hello,

Can we do Instant Messaging  with jabber in CUCME 9.0 (without Cisco Unified Presence)?

Regards,

Antra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: