cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on Samsung Galaxy SII - OneWayAudio

Henk.Lasker_2
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Jabber 8.6.1.842 on a Samsung Galaxy SII (model GT-I9100) (Android Version 2.3.3)

When I initiate a call from a Cisco phone (79xx) I get One-Way-Audio (audio only from the 79xx to the Samsung)

When I initiate a call from the Samsung to a 79xx phone, there is no problem

So I installed the same Jabber version on a HTC (Android version 2.2), and used the same device-id as the Samsung, connected and there

was no problem, normal two-way-audio.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

My quick reaction is that there is an issue with this version of Jabber in combination with the Samsung Galaxy SII

I use CUCM version 8.5.1.11900-21

thx for the help in advance

Henk

32 Replies 32

Hi,

2.3.3 is OLD, android v4 a.k.a ice creame sandwhich has been released and will be coming in market in a couple of months... hope jabber will work on it!

Regards,

Usman Taokeer

Sent from Mobile Device.

Hi everyone,

Are you guys using the Jabber directly connected to the CUCM network or via the Anyconnect?

I tried to connect the Jabber (8.6.1) via the Anyconnect (wifi), both parties hear silence. After checking the wireshake, I found the Jabber sent the wrong MTP ip address (wireless router internal ip address) instead of the VPN ip address of the connected party. Is there any specail setting the Jabber or Anyconnect or ASA?

Thanks a lot!

Gary

Hi,

I am unable to even register my SG2 using Jabber, it says ‘Registration Failed’. On iPhone the Cisco apps works like a charm, do we need a different license for Jabber to make it work, is it licensing related or something else?

Regards,

Usman Taokeer

Network Administrator - ENS

Hello Team,

I am trying to locate and donwload the "cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn" file in order to make the "Cisco Dual Mode for Android" as an availiable phone device type on the CUCM 8.5

Can you plese suggest where i can find this file?  Cisco suggests

Go to the software download site: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/Redirect.x?mdfid=281001428 ,but unfotunatelly i cannot find such a file.

Any suggestions?

Henk.Lasker_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Today Cisco released Jabber version 8.6.2.1324

I installed it, and..............it worked, 2way audio is now available in all situations (calling and called)

So upgrade and it should work

Note: I use Android version 2.3.4

regards

Henk

Hello Henk,

On which CUCM version did you install this client?

Thanks,

George

Hi

on CUCM version 8.5.1.11900-21 (see original post)

Henk

Thanks Henk,

Please can you tell me which procedure you follow in order to get the"cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn" file? I have also opened the following thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3497832

Did you manage to download it from www.cisco.com?

Regards,

George

I had it long time ago via our cisco account manager. It was not available for down load.

Regards,

Usman Taokeer

Sent from Mobile Device.

likewise.. working fine for me as well.

Regards,

Usman Taokeer

Sent from Mobile Device.

danielgarzon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with my Galaxy S2.

I can not connect to Cisco Jabber from my Samsung Galaxy 2 , GT-I9100 model and 2.3.3 Android version.

I have a 8.0.3 CUCM version.

When I tried to register to Cisco Jabber I have the same error: "internet calling"

How do you do this config in CUCM?

If I register my iphone, as Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone, and all works fine.

Thanks

I have the same problem. I'm using CUCM version 8.0.3 and Samsung Galaxy S2 with android version 2.3.6.

When I'm using Cisco Jabber version 8.6.1 I can register to CUCM but experiencing one way audio.

And then I check at the android market for version 8.6.3 and 8.6.4, with both version I can't register to CUCM.

Both give the same error like Daniel. I can only register using version 8.6.1 with one way audio problem.

Still waiting for new version of Cisco Jabber.

And can someone help me providing Cisco Jabber apk version 8.6.2? I want to try that version.

Thanks

I need the same problem with Jabber 8.2 on Iphone and Callmanager 8.6.

The call from Jabber to 7962 works, the reverse no.

Tcpdump:

from CallManager to Jabber ->   ACK

from Jabber to CallManager -> RST ACK

Why Jabber response is a reset ? Something wrong in SIP signalling ?

Someone can help me ?

Alessandro

Are you using stock rom?

Regards,

Usman Taokeer

Sent from Mobile Device.

No.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: