cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Problem

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same Jabber version to all end users and the same configuration in the CUCM for all the users.

How can it be that the Jabbers show different information when searching for the same contacts?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, there's a cache, I mentioned that before. It's 24 hours + a random period between 0 and 6 hours.

It worked because when you login with other user credentials, the cache is wiped out.

You need to delete the cache manually under the user, in their appdata folder, it will be under local

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide an example of what you're seeing?

How do you have your directory resolution configured?

HTH

java

Users are configured on LDAP.

Example when I have changed the mobile number of an employee in LDAP.

1) I can still see his old number when the same exact time,

2) Another employee can see the new number and

3) Another employee can see nothing.

OK, there's a timeout for the cache, if you changed it and immediately try to see the new info, chances are, it will not work (unless that you just happened to match the timeout and refresh of the cache)

If you want the info to be refreshed immediately, you'd need to right click, and view profile.

Otherwise, it will take around 24 - 36 hours for the cache to timeout, and they should pull the new info.

For the user that doesn't show anything, you want to make sure he's getting the right config and has no connectivity problems, might want to review a PRT.

HTH

java

Dear Valencia I found the solution to my problem.

The only thing I had to do is login with my credentials to the employee that could not see nothing and have him log in to my PC where I could still see the old number. After that we both could see the right results with the correct phones.

Do you know if the PC keeps a cache of the Jabber and when someone else logs in the cache gets cleared??

If so do you know where is this cache in order to clear it manually??

I must mention that when troubleshooting in the past I had removed the Jabber completely, deleted every file, cleared the Registry and the Temp files with a program and reinstalled the Jabber but nothing happened.

Yes, there's a cache, I mentioned that before. It's 24 hours + a random period between 0 and 6 hours.

It worked because when you login with other user credentials, the cache is wiped out.

You need to delete the cache manually under the user, in their appdata folder, it will be under local

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: