Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber - Status doesnt show "on a call" - but rather in a meeting/available

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have one user, amongst 100 that are working well; that has an issue that im not sure of in that the user can have his status changed between all other status' but it never changes to "on a call" when he picks up the phone.

I ensured that the userd DNs are associated with his UDP for his jabber profile/ipad profile and standard user profile

The user doensnt have any forwarding setup in jabber or in UCM.

any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The user also needs to be associated to the line appearence within the DN configuration page itself. This is the last setting on the page and is per-device the DN is assigned to, not once for the DN as a whole.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, this is on windows 7.

Hi,

Like Jonathan said, you have to associate the user under DN, if you don´t associate its end user the status on jabber doesn´t change to on call.

Regards.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The user also needs to be associated to the line appearence within the DN configuration page itself. This is the last setting on the page and is per-device the DN is assigned to, not once for the DN as a whole.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Interesting.  I had users complain about this.  We are running on version 12.5.1.13900-152.

This seems to be a new issue as Jabber was showing people on a call even when the DN was not assigned to a user.

Assigning the DNS to the user did fix the problem, though.

No system upgrades or changes were made to change this behavior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: