cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber stopping users from typing when there is an incoming call

Daniel.opl
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have an issue where jabber is stopping users from typing when there is an incoming call, its like the jabber window is prioritizing itself over the screen they're in, it wont let you start typing again until you click on the window where you are typing.

This issue mainly happens when users are typing an email.

This doesn't happen to all users and it doesn't happen all the time.

Jabber windows version: 11.7

Dan

11 Replies 11

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please try navigating to file--> option --> sounds and alerts and uncheck the option " all incoming calls" for the display. please check if this works for you.

Hi Varundeep,

Thank you for replying,

I will try this and let you know

Many thanks,

Daniel

Hello Varundeep,

I tried this but the issue was still happening.

Many thanks,

Daniel

here is the bug for the issue which you are reporting.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud98423/?reffering_site=dumpcr

it was resolved in jabber version 10.6. Could you please try some another version and then check

I can disable this function but the sales team use this a lot when there are incoming calls. When i turned it backed on it started happening lots, so it is 100% that window which is causing it to stop users from typing

i believe this is the only option we have to block it. otherwise this is working as designed. jabber incoming call pop-up will come infront of the window. if you think this is causing some issues in your deployment , i would request you to engage your accounts team so that we can check this further with development team if any enhancement has to be raised.

Hi Varundeep,

We have been doing some testing over the last few days without the incoming call pop up and the issue still seems to be happening

Many thanks,

Daniel

We are having the same issue. Did what you suggested, however that doesn't seem to be the problem.

We have tracked it down to the history db. After an incoming call hangs up the focus is lost. (for example typing in notepad) We renamed the history directory... and restarted Jabber. The issue goes away. Renamed it back... the problem returns.

If we delete the history file... everything works great for a few days. Then it returns.

We first noticed this problem on 11.6. We are now running 11.7. Still happening.

To add to this... 

This appears in the log when when the issue is happening...

2016-09-12 18:37:29,026 ERROR [0x00001938] [history\src\impl\HistoryManager.cpp(273)] [csf.history] [csf::HistoryManager::purgeEventsInternal] -   HistoryManager::purgeMessages failed.

Hello,

Thanks for finding out what was causing the issue, we now need Cisco to create a fix for this in the next release.

Dan

vrolands
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you all for your concerns and responses regarding this issue.

We were able to locate what was causing this and we have fixed it. We will be implementing this fix in future releases of Cisco Jabber.

This is currently tracked with Bug ID: CSCve71805. To get the latest updates on this Bug, please sign up for the notifications.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: