Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UCCX and Silent Monitor Recording

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

Hey there,

I've seen this asked so many times but havent been able to find a definitive answer anywhere. 

Nice and simple. Is this supported?

Thanks

David

6 Replies 6

mark.ham99
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found an answer to this yet. I am wondering the same thing

Nope, nada from all quarters

mark.ham99
Level 1
Level 1

I have found out that this is not supported. 

From who? Cisco TAC? Can you please share the details? In the compatibility matrix for endpoint monitoring supported devices I can see Jabber.

Im also wondering. Im getting mixed responses from TAC and vendors.

Andrei Fokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_C9858CC7_00_cisco-jabber-features-guide/CJAB_BK_C9858CC7_00_cisco-jabber-features-guide_chapter_0110.html

• You can use silent monitoring and call recording functionality only. Cisco Jabber does not support other functionality such as barging or whisper coaching.

• You might need to download and apply a device package to enable monitoring and recording capabilities on the device, depending on your version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Before you start configuring the server, do the following:
    1. Open the Phone Configuration window for the device on which you plan to enable silent monitoring and call recording.

2. Locate the Built In Bridge field.

If the Built In Bridge field is not available on the Phone Configuration window, download and apply the most recent device packages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: