Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UDS integration photos not working for android

rcoyle001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I hope you can enlighten me on an issue I have been having, we are trying to integrate jabber for android, iphone mac etc.

We decided to use UDS, we have an external location to host the photo's and I can confirm that this location is available off the network and is working for jabber for windows.

The photo's will be pulled down to jabber on a window's machine but not for an android device.

Here is the jabber config. I have replaced company info with x's and 0's but I can confirm this config is working for windows devices.

<config version="1.0">

<Client/>

<Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>

<PresenceDomain>xxx.com</PresenceDomain>

<UdsServer>0.0.0.0</UdsServer>

<UdsPhotoUriWithToken>http://www.xxx.com/jabberPhotos/%%uid%%.jpg</UdsPhotoUriWithToken>

</Directory>

<Policies>

<Screen_Capture_Enabled>true</Screen_Capture_Enabled>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled><Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>.exe;.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3</Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>

<Video_Disabled>false</Video_Disabled>

</Policies>

<CUCM>

<PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>presence</PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>

</CUCM>

</config>

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'd probably take a look at a PRT to find out what Jabber is doing, and if it's able to resolve the url properly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you try to open the URL on a browser with a valid photo on those devices, can you see the picture??

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply Jaime,

Yes when I go to the browser on my phone (android) and use the exact url in the config except change the %%uid%% with the username it works.

I have to run though a vpn on my phone to access jabber and when I do I can still see the pictures using the url, but do you think that would be an issue?

Thanks.

I'd probably take a look at a PRT to find out what Jabber is doing, and if it's able to resolve the url properly.

HTH

java

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Jaime.

Cause:

I was using a word press site to host the photos and I had a capital letter in the folder name, jabber seems to take away the captial letters when pulling down the photos and word press is case sensitive so it wasn't getting to the folder location.

Solution:

Change the folder name to be lower case, change the jabber config, upload, restart tftp service.

Thanks again Jaime.

Best Regards

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: