Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber - Use my desk phone for calls is grayed out

Hello,

Perhaps this has been asked before but cannot seem to find any threads on this particular issue. 

When connecting externally Jabber does not allow to control desk phone:

CTI status:

This works 100% of the time when on internal corporate network.

I have tested with Jabber for Windows 9.7.4 and latest version 11.7.1.

CUCM runs 9.1.2

CUPS runs 9.1.2

CUXN runs 9.1.2

We use Expressway-C and Expressway-E both run on version 8.2.1

Wireshark logs show Jabber makes DNS queries for:

_cuplogin._tcp.expuk.company.com - no record exists externally (OK), exists internally (OK)

_cisco-uds._tcp.expuk.company.com - no record exists externally (OK), exists internally (OK)

_collab-edge._tls.expuk.company.com - record found and points to public FQDN of Expressway-E (OK), no record exists internally (OK)

Any pointers would good as I've exhausted my basic troubleshooting options.

Are there any specific logs on Expressway-C to review?

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tom,

Hi Tom,

When connecting over MRA, deskphone control is an unsupported feature. The CTI-QBE protocol is not traversed by the Expressway pair. 

Source:MRA Deployment Guide [p. 41]

Thanks,
Adam

2 REPLIES

Hi Tom,

Hi Tom,

When connecting over MRA, deskphone control is an unsupported feature. The CTI-QBE protocol is not traversed by the Expressway pair. 

Source:MRA Deployment Guide [p. 41]

Thanks,
Adam

Many thanks Adam!

Many thanks Adam!

Should have re-read the deployment guide in the first place. On page 32 it states:

Unsupported Jabber features when using mobile and remote access

• Deskphone control (QBE/CTI)

This is still unsupported feature in Expressway 8.8.3:

■ Jabber SDK, Jabber for Mac, and Jabber for Windows are not capable of deskphone control when they are connected over MRA, because the CTI-QBE protocol is not traversed by the Expressway pair. When these Jabber applications, or other CTI applications, can connect to CUCM CTIManager (on-premises or VPN) then they can deskphone control endpoints and clients that are connected over MRA.

Regards

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies