Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber user shown offline to some users

barry florence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are using CUCM 8.5, CUPS 8.5 and windows 7 terminal jabber client.   one or two new users(for example bflorence with extension 1199)  shown as offline from the others contact list(as it says message couldn't not be delivered), for these new users jabber is using email address (” bflorence@abc.com”) as the IM address instead of the Presence server domain address( “1199@pdo.local”).  However the same offline new user can be seen online from another new user as online.  I am not sure why it is preferring to use this instead of the presence server domain address.  Although the user settings looks the same for both the old and new users both in cucm and cups server.  I have also checked this with the Active Directory team they confirmed the same.  Could anyone please help on this.

Thanks

Barry

4 Replies 4

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Check line association of affected users who shown as offline.

Go to line page of user's DN, at last their will be associate with end user and map it.

you need to do for all line page which is associated with user's DN

Hi Nevin,

Thanks for your reply. The user has two lines one primary line and the other secondary line(for contact center),  both the lines are associated with the end user.   Please let me know if there is anyother suggestions.

Thanks

Hi 

Could anyone please help on this.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry,

Check device association and Home Cluster / IM & Presence option in End user page.

If nothing is working out. try reconfigure the jabber 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: