Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video Call in Deskphone Control Mode

Ryan Schwab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Has the feature to make a video call with the Jabber client in Deskphone mode been roadmapped for future releases? I understand it currently is not possible.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure it's on the roadmap. The question you mean to ask is when. That we can't answer publically; reach out to your Cisco AM for details.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure it's on the roadmap. The question you mean to ask is when. That we can't answer publically; reach out to your Cisco AM for details.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan,

would you know if  this is available in Jabber client 9.1 ?

Regards

Jeff

Yes the Jabber for Windows 9.1(0) release includes the CAST-based deskphone video functionality. The key is that you must also install the Media Services Interface client (aka MediaNet client) on the PC. They have moved the CDP driver to the MSI client and Jabber accesses it through a local API to get the CAST association. This separation makes sense if you understand the larger MediaNet picture with Media Service Discovery. Jabber as well as other applications, such as WebEx, can register to the MSI which can communicate with the MediaNet-enabled switch to provide appropriate QoS and other features.

Hi,

we have 2 devices with csf devices and associated deskphones. When in softphone mode video works fine. However when I go into deskphone mode i lose video capabilties i.e. I cannot see my start my video/stop my video button anymore. Medianet client has been installed, Jabber 9.1, and phones and softphones have been video enabled, call is originated from softphone device - anyone had similar problems ?

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Do you have your PCs connected to the PC port of the IP phone you are controlling via CTI when trying this?

If so, what do you see in 'help'/'show connections/server health or whatever'.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

thanks for the reply I did manage to get this working afterall and yes you are right it was a simple fix of connecting to the right cable (thought I had the cable from the phone ...blah blah , rushing about not having time to think). thanks again,

Regards, Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: