Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video doesn't works Windows 7 Pro

rchaussee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I did a new installation CUCM 9.1 + CUP 9.1 (latest version).

I deployed Jabber 9.7.0 and all works fine (Presence , Softphone and Deskphone).

But I can't call with video !!!

On all Dell Computer, the webcam is detected on jabber (Option => Video => Integrated Webcam).

I configured "Always start call with video" (Option => Call).

I put the max video bandwidth to 1024 (CUCM => Region).

Anyone can help me please ?

Regards,

Ronan

3 Replies 3

rchaussee
Level 1
Level 1

In jabber, the camera icon still grey and I can't active or deactivate it !

Ronan

Are you trying to get the video call work on softphone or is it that you want this to work on deskphone mode.

Few pointers that may help are the following

-> If you are using softphone mode and have created a CSF; this CSF device should have the following option enabled in the CSF device configuration page;

"Video Calling"this needs to be done under the product specific configuration; can you check if the CSF device in your case has this option or not.

-> If you are testing this on deskphone mode only; then you will need to ensure that you get the Cisco Media service interface installed first; make sure if there is any antivirus application it should be disabled for testing as well as the windows firewall also should be disabled. The deskphone that you are trying to connect to should be connected the nic port of the deskphone itself ( daisy chained). And in the deskphone device configuration page; you should have the " video capabilties" option checked to enabled.

-> If all this is set and still the video is not working; check for the following option; on the call manager administration page; goto system\ Enterprise Phone Configuration\ look for Video Calling and this option should be set to enabled ( if not and you want to place a change; please make sure that your network is prepared and a downtime is seeked).

Finally if nothing else; try a different make/model PC and then retest.

Please rate if this helps.

I am experiencing the same issue as Ronan hence let me clarify.  I am not able to initiate a Video call using the Video Icon on the contact card.  However I initiate a call with Video from the Call icon.

I verified the CSF Video settings as well as Enterprise Params in UCM GUI.

Laptop - Win 7, Win 8, Jabber  Client -  9.6 or Jabber 9.7

No luck..