cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

silly question, but how do you setup Jabber for windows to do video calls?

I have set it to try video call as default. I have no option for video call.

I go to status and the error shows as  deskphone not available in softphone mode

I have tried going through the docs, but nowhere mentions how it is setup

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where is the camera??? Is it connected to the PC you're using?? Does it show under options from J4W as recognized??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes camera is built into pc and it shows as working fine in the options.

there is no special config on devices page or anything is there?

Have you enabled video under Device --> Phone --> CSFDevice.

See attached pic.

Best Regards

Many thanks for the reply, I checked and it is enabled

No, you only need to enable video, there's no special option for video calls, you'll get the same screen as you do for audio calls, but with video, place a call and see if the options for video allow you to escalate from audio to video.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What type of phone are you using. If you use 99XX phones which come with camera, you have to disconnect the camera on the phone.

Please check below few things as well.

• Verify that MediaNet (Media Services Interface) is installed and runs on the machine.
  • Ensure that the connected phone is Video Enabled.
  • Ensure that you are tethered to the desk phone that is controlled. ( PC has to be connected to the back of the phone)
  • If it is a Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) phone that is controlled, ensure that you do not run Firmware Verson 9.2.1 (Due to Cisco bug ID CSCtq48538).

More details please refer to below document.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116472-problemsolution-product-00.html

Cheers

Jason

It is a 7975 phone.

I dont have medianet installed, I thought that was optional?

If audio is terminated at your desk phone, and video is using your PC camera, then MediaNet is required.

Please make sure your PC is connected to the PC port of your 7975 phone too. And firmware is not 9.2.1