Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber voicemail address cert warning

Hello.

I hope someone can help me with this.

I have tried to change all setting to use FQDN and also adde certificates issued by our internal PKI.

it works for CUCM and IM&P connections, but jabber still complains that on the certificate for VM.

What I see under connection status is that Jabber is still trying to connect to the IP address of VM not the FQDN.

I expect that is why i am getting the certificate warning. But how do I change this?

I have changed the UC Service in CUCM to the FQDN but still the same.

Anyone that can help me?

-Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Can you check under the uc

Can you check under the uc service menu to look for the mailstore ( exchange) ; is this also corrected to the use the fqdn for unity connection server.

If this is also corrected and you are still seeing that jabber attempts to connect to the ip address; please make sure that you try to delete the local cache from your windows PC; ( provided this is being tested on jabber for windows).

here is the location that you look for to search for the cache folder;

For Windows 7:
                a) C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications
                b) C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications'

In order to remove the cache you will need to delete the jabber sub folder which is uder the unified communications folder ; and then try to re enter the log in credentials and server details in jabber and connect to check if now you see jabber for windows referencing the FQDN instead of the ip address.

Please note that by deleting the cache folder on the PC where jabber is installed; you will loose all the recent im's that you typed or received. Also you will need to re enter the log in credentials to log in.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Can you check under the uc

Can you check under the uc service menu to look for the mailstore ( exchange) ; is this also corrected to the use the fqdn for unity connection server.

If this is also corrected and you are still seeing that jabber attempts to connect to the ip address; please make sure that you try to delete the local cache from your windows PC; ( provided this is being tested on jabber for windows).

here is the location that you look for to search for the cache folder;

For Windows 7:
                a) C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications
                b) C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications'

In order to remove the cache you will need to delete the jabber sub folder which is uder the unified communications folder ; and then try to re enter the log in credentials and server details in jabber and connect to check if now you see jabber for windows referencing the FQDN instead of the ip address.

Please note that by deleting the cache folder on the PC where jabber is installed; you will loose all the recent im's that you typed or received. Also you will need to re enter the log in credentials to log in.

Thank you so much.I had

Thank you so much.

I had completly overlooked the MailStore UC Service.

I was so focused on the Voicemail UC service and I did not notice that the MailStore service also refered to Unity.

thank  you for your help in opening my eyes :)

-alex

Views
Helpful
Replies