cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Windows Desktop Client - Disable Phone Services

Tony Musorafite
Level 1
Level 1

On the Jabber Mac desktop client v9.6.0 there is the option to disable phone services and put the client into IM-only mode.

It appears this option is missing on the Jabber Windows desktop client v9.7.2.18938. Is it my CUCM configuration or is there a different way to do it on the Jabber windows client? 

How do users temporarily disable phone services and put the client into IM-only mode on the Windows version of the Jabber Desktop client?

Thank you,
Tony

8 Replies 8

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Richard - I ended up submitting this as a new feature request with the BU about 3 months ago. Have not heard back on timing or any ETA. Was hoping that it would be a feature in the upcoming 10.6 client release.

Our solution to fix that issue, which honestly is a horrible one... was to not release Telephony Services with Jabber and just use it as a chat client. 

...we could've stayed on our original non-jabber chat client and maintained the same functionality we currently have....ugh.

Good luck. 

Hi Tony,

Could you please explain how and where you are not released Telephony Services.

I want to disable phone service on jabber for mobile devices.

Thank you.

Hey Richard,

If you don't want to use phone service on jabber, just don't create a profile for mobile device on Call Manager....  Client on mobile device should be still able to connect server and keep all features except Telephony Services.

Thanks,

Sergey

Can you give me some more detail? Profile for mobile? What about desktop client? Where would i find these settings?

It depends what are you trying to achieve. If you want to get rid of annoying notifications, you can:

1. Change Jabber to Computer mode,

2. Go to Settings>File Options>Sounds and Alerts and uncheck  All incoming calls.

Richard - it all depends on what specifically you are trying to accomplish.

If you want to provision telephony services to computers & iphones, you would need to provision the CSF device in call manager, how to do that is in the whitepapers. 

I would recommend you do a pilot with some of your "busy" telephone users to determine if Jabber telephony will meet their requirements. Do the same with Jabber on Iphones, and get feedback regarding battery life and audio quality...

If you want to provision Jabber for Windows with telephony services that the customer can control (IE: turn on and off), I believe you still can't do that in the windows version (but honestly don't know, haven't been on the jabber project in many months now). Cisco recommendation is to go to do not disturb to turn off telephony services, which doesn't work for us since users here rely on an accurate Jabber presence to determine if people are available or not.

Tony, 

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for that answer.

when you say "which honestly is a horrible one... was to not release Telephony Services with Jabber" What does that mean? How did you not release that feature?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: