Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber windows with Extension Mobility

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have users they are having a EM on their desk phone and they are asking me also on their J4W, how can i setup EM on J4W.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These steps should help you;

-> associate the end user's appropiate EM profile  with "CTI Controlled Device Profiles" section in the end user page in call manager.

-> If  trying to control a SIP phone like (9900 series) ; please make sure that in end user you select the following extra permission groups

Already included groups would be ;

• Standard CCM End Users
  • Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices

Extra roles needed to control SIP phones are the following;

• Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf
  • Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

-> You may now provision the end user to cups by enabling the im and presence capabilities.

-> while the IM and P provisioning is done; and the user was already logged into EM in the deskphone; they might need to log off from the EM on the deskphone; and then log in again; followed by jabber login; this should then help with the deskphone control to work from jabber.

Please rate if this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These steps should help you;

-> associate the end user's appropiate EM profile  with "CTI Controlled Device Profiles" section in the end user page in call manager.

-> If  trying to control a SIP phone like (9900 series) ; please make sure that in end user you select the following extra permission groups

Already included groups would be ;

• Standard CCM End Users
  • Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices

Extra roles needed to control SIP phones are the following;

• Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf
  • Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

-> You may now provision the end user to cups by enabling the im and presence capabilities.

-> while the IM and P provisioning is done; and the user was already logged into EM in the deskphone; they might need to log off from the EM on the deskphone; and then log in again; followed by jabber login; this should then help with the deskphone control to work from jabber.

Please rate if this helps.

Dear Amit,

thanks for the reply, the above steps i have done before for jabber when assigning the extension on j4W and it is working fine

what i want is that if in EM when a user is logged in phone he is not able to login in the another phone untill and unless he logout from that 1st phone (according to the EM policy), same thing i want in jabber that if he is login in his windows pc he cannot login in any other pc untill and unless he logout from jabber from the first PC.

Thanks

HI Amit,

Thanks for the message. Just a quick question

How about the license ? Will it consume UCL ?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: