Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber won't ring on incoming calls

Hi Folks,

I recently installed two VCS servers (one control and one edge). Jabber will register on the CUCM and the CUP server, I can place calls, I can see my colleague presence, I can reach my voicemail, everything is almost perfect, but my jabber clients (tested on iPhone and on MAC OSX) won't ring when there is an incoming calls. 

For example, my colleague on 204 calls me on 201, in the Jabber client, I can see that her phone is busy, but I will only receive the call on my Desktop phone.

I had a look at the firewall and don't see any blocked stuff on it.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Fred

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the call being extended to Jabber on the CUCM traces?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

eli.juarez
Level 1
Level 1

Any news on this? I have the exact same problem. TAC hasn't been able to solve it, there's been 1 month without solution.

engineerangelo
Level 1
Level 1

i have this problem when my jabber is connected via Anyconnect thru ASA only. But i dont experience this inside the LAN. Have you associated a Primary Phone to the Jabber device? You have to associate that for every Jabber device and also the user ID. Do you have the same CSS / Partition on the primary phone and the Jabber device?

Actually, our problem was bound to a wrong DNS configuration. We corrected and now Jabber rings.

Hi,

Can you tell me what the DNS issue was? I have run into the same problem I think. I am using split DNS. Jabber registers fine, but won't ring on an internal call on the jabber app

Thanks,
Derek

Tshepo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I once had the same problem, only to find out DND on my BOT jabber profile was ticked.

Regards

Tshepo

Thanks, this just solved a few random issues for some of my user's clients. 

David A.
Level 1
Level 1

Im hoping to resurrect this thread, as we are running Jabber 12.7 on IOS 13.3. The Jabber client registers to Call Manager. I can make phone calls from the Jabber iPhone application, however when calling my directory number, the jabber client does not ring. Only my desk phone rings. Any thoughts on this?

I am having same issue, latest version of Jabber and latest version of Big Sur OSX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: