Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber wysiwyg needs to preserve clipboard formatting

It's time for Jabber to address a HUGE short coming as a collaborative tool. FORMATTING

It is a great benefit to be able to launch a webex session with a peer and share ones desktop or even within a few clicks establish a phone call. But for collaborating a quick "formatted" example with someone the Jabbar app falls short, especially for sending code snippets with indenting and highlighting.

Currently on Mac I have to run Jabber for my desktop sharing and then use iMessage to be able to cut and paste code snippets to be properly rendered by my buddy. Also with iMessage I can consolidate all my buddies in one place. I would also like to see Jabbar become a portal for popular collaboration protocols not just XMPP/WebEx communications.

Why should the client base have to use multiple apps from other venders? when Cisco could easily do it all?

But first preserve the clipboard formatting so we can cut and paste clipboard.  It is not that hard to do and Jabber is version 9 !

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content