cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabberlocalconfig.xml file gets deleted/recreated

jvandermark
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else have any issues with this? It's causing a prompt in some clients and setting the type to webex from CUP confusing users... Not really sure what's causing it to disappear... any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

The jabberLocalConfig.xml file is local to the pc so it will be in control of that file going forward. You'll need to find out if some kind of domain policy (group security policy)  would be trying to clear out this folder directory.

It is stored here:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

So what kind of permissions are the end users logging in with? If you take a pc not added to the domain and load up Jabber does that file ever get deleted?

Good Luck,

Brad

CrowleyFleck
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. I have 2 users out of about 15 that I have so far configured where this happens. It seems to stick for about 2 weeks, then out of the blue one morning, they start their computer and the jabberLocalConfig.xml is replaced with a default copy, just like a new install. All settings are reset.

Yves Velazco
Level 1
Level 1

I'm almost certain this was a bug in previous releases, I think it's supposed to be fixed in v9.6... I'm guessing this should be fixed in 9.7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: