cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP directory search for AD Contact objects

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUCM 9.1.2 and Jabber for Windows 9.7.3, I have a second LDAP Directory configured in CUCM looking at an OU which just contains AD Contact objects but searching in Jabber never seems to return these objects in results.  I have a Custom Filter set on the LDAP Directory (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact)) and using a LDAP search tool this search term does return all the Contact objects.

CSCtr93920 (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtr93920) describes a bug where only one AD Contact is returned at a time, so this suggest that Jabber should be able to search for these objects, can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you reconfigured jabber-config.xml file with this option predictive search filter as anr= 

Provide csf-unified to check the same

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Use this LDAP custom filter as :

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(ipPhone=*))

In jabber-config file their will be directory search parameters in that their will be predictive search filter option ----> map as anr=

I'm more confused now than I was before.  Does Jabber v9 use the LDAP config from CUCM System (e.g. CUCM > System > LDAP > LDAP Directory) or does it use Directory Service in Service Profile assigned to End User.  I've tried fiddling with both sets of settings and no matter what I change, Jabber's behaviour never seems to change.

The Jabber Desktop Client can use one of the following contact sources for contact search and
information:
• Cisco Unified CM User database via the User Data Service (UDS)
• LDAP directory integration
• WebEx Messenger service

Just Configure LDAP custom filter and add predictive search filter as anr= which is help to find the contact by typing their last and first names.

Thanks for your help, but I've set the LDAP Custom Filter as you suggested and it hasn't made any difference, still not seeing any AD Contacts in search results.

Did you reconfigured jabber-config.xml file with this option predictive search filter as anr= 

Provide csf-unified to check the same

Yes, predictive search filter is set to anr= in jabber-config.xml

Please provide the PRT report to check the same.

I have AD user objects called Jason and Adrian and AD contact objects called Phil and Ralph that I am using as my test searches.

I've had a look at csf-unified.log myself and it looks like no matter what is in jabber-config.xml or in the CUCM Directory Service/Service Profile, the LDAP search is always of the form;

Query::RunQuery - [LDAP-FILTER] Executing query with filter: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(ANR=jason*))

Thanks for your continued assistance.