Views
Helpful
Replies

Mass Automatic Login and Sign In

Geordie Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have Jabber rolled out to our users and they are logging in correctly and able to use the platform. I can see client settings to start Jabber on Windows start and to signin automatically on the program start, but is there a way to configure these for the entire deployed userbase?  I could push out a registry key for CiscoJabber.exe into HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run but that seems inelegant, and I can't see where I would log users in by default at all.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0100.html#JABW_TK_IBE959AA_00

mass log in, unless you use a cloud service/SSO,   I dont think you can do it.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Transforms are only really any good for mandating or specifying things that would be specified during install, so the folder to install to, components etc. 

SSO or federated sign-in isn't quite what I mean either, the users HAVE active directory credentials to log in with, and they can be saved, I just want the checkbox that says "Sign me in automatically" to be checked.  Whether or not that value is checked must be stored somewhere, either in an ini file or an xml file or in the registry somewhere, how do I set it for everyone?