Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Application > Cisco Jabber on IM & Presence 9.1

Tobias Bachetta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to set a "Voicemail Credentials Source", so a user of Cisco Jabber For Windows only had to login into Jabber and the voicemail account is logged in automatically.

So the newest guide (IM & Presence 9.1, Cisco Jabber For Windows 9.6) says I should configure that under Application > Cisco Jabber > Settings (our servers are on-premise). But I can't find that menu "Cisco Jabber" under Application.

What am I missing? Can I configure it somewhere else?

Thanks!

Tobias Blachetta

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please check the Voicemail profile under Service Profile and check what option have you selected-
If it is
 -Unified CM -- IM and Presence : You won't get an option on Cisco Jabber to set account
 -Not Set -- You should see the option to enter username and password of Cisco Unity Connection.
Same is applicable to Mail store Profile :

Tapan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ignore the "Cisco Unified Presence" chapter; that is for 8.x installs. The next chapter will show that the menu has moved to CUCM Admin > User Management > User Settings > UC Service

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/JABW_BK_C94DCBD1_00_server-guide_chapter_01010.html

PS- I'm glad we're off to a good and confusing start with 9.6.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please check the Voicemail profile under Service Profile and check what option have you selected-
If it is
 -Unified CM -- IM and Presence : You won't get an option on Cisco Jabber to set account
 -Not Set -- You should see the option to enter username and password of Cisco Unity Connection.
Same is applicable to Mail store Profile :

Tapan

Unified CM - IM and Presence uses the instant messaging and presence credentials to log in to the voicemail service. As a result, users do not need to enter their credentials for voicemail services in the client.

Hi!

Thank you Tapan, that worked!

I hope that gets corrected in the newest guides for Jabber.

Tobias