Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

More than 1 line on iPhone Jabber client?

We'd like to know if it's possible to have more than 1 line for the Jabber clients.  Our administrative team uses 7962 desktop phones, and currently roam the office with 7925 cordless phones.  They don't like the cordless phones, but those do provide the ability to have multiple lines.  Is there a way to get more lines on the iPhone/iOS version of Jabber?

Alternatively, we could look at converting some of those lines into hunt groups, and make the primary line a member of each hunt group, but I wanted to confirm that the Jabber client can receive hunt group calls the way a normal phone would (without actually configuring a hunt from scratch to test).

1 REPLY
Bronze

More than 1 line on iPhone Jabber client?

Following up, since no one had chimed in.

The software client can be configured with up to 2 lines.  We needed 5, so what I did, was create Hunt Group, Hunt List, and Hunt Pilot to replace an existing DN that was shared across multiple phones as a Line.  This works out well.  The thing that burned me was that the app keeps disconnecting/going unregistered.  Not sure if this is our wireless, or an issue with the phone configuration when it is asleep.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content