Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MSE 8000 integration with mobile Jabber

Hello everyone,

I have this situation, I have a MSE8000 and we are trying to extend the video conference to mobile devices. I have been reading about Jabber and Jabber Video, but I'm not sure they work directly with mobile devices (iPhone and Android) joining a videoconference.

Can anyone help me clarify this? I want Jabber for iPhone/Android to directly join a telepresence session in the MSE 8000 with both audio and video, and if it can be done, what kind of infrastructure do I need? (I suppose a TMS and VCS).

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Felipe L.

2 REPLIES

Re: MSE 8000 integration with mobile Jabber

You probably want the Jabber Client forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/jabber

Jabber and JabberVideo are two different products; Jabber is the UC client which is available for iPhones, Androids etc, whereas JabberVideo is the "old" TANDBERG Movi application, which is now also available as a free service hosted by Cisco. (JabberVideo for iPad is being released this month).

The "enterprise" version of JabberVideo requires you to have the appropriate licences, TMS, VCS etc, whereas the "free" version does not.

For more information about Jabber (the UC client), see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps10683/Products_Sub_Category_Home.html

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Silver

MSE 8000 integration with mobile Jabber

Hello,

This has been moved to the correct area.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content