Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio on Jabber when doing G.729 via ICT

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I have the right categorie for this question but I'll just go ahead...

I have a deployment with 2 CUCM's (7.x to 9.x) connected via an Intercluster Trunk with a Region Limitation for 8 kbps (G.729) as it's going via the WAN.

I can do calls fine from an IP Phone to an IP Phone or IP Phone to CIPC but I can't do a call from an IP Phone to a Jabber for Windows client (registered on CUCM 9.x) because when I'm doing this I only have one-way audio (it's not a network issue).

Looking at the trace files of CUCM I can see that an MTP Resource will or wants to be involved in the call because obviously the supported dtmf method will be changed during the call setup.

It starts with this:

34134666.013 |10:27:24.413 |AppInfo  |value H323-UU-NonStdInfo ::=

34134666.014 |10:27:24.413 |AppInfo  |{

callMgrParam

{

interclusterVersion 3,

enterpriseID ''H

},

supportedDtmfMethodParam

{

supportedDtmfMethod 3

and after doing the Digit Analysis and checking the device configuration, it changes it to:  

34134702.002 |10:27:24.417 |AppInfo  |findUnfiredInterceptOnPattern numOfPatterns = 1

34134699.002 |10:27:24.417 |AppInfo  |{

callMgrParam

{

interclusterVersion 3,

enterpriseID ''H

},

supportedDtmfMethodParam

{

supportedDtmfMethod 0

}

So, I don't understand why. What I know is that supportedDtmfMethod 3 stands for OOB + RFC2833 but what does supportedDtmfMethod 0 stands for ? Although, as per the SRND 9.x and SRND 7.x, in the section "Capabilities supported in Unified CM Release 9.x (7.x)" it states that

RFC2833 AVT Tones is supported through all three device possibilites (SCCP, SIP and H.323), it still doesn't work out.

Involving an hardware MTP resource would be the quickest way to solve it, I know, but is there a way to do it via the configuration AND why is it not working in my case, although it should work?

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards,

Michael

2 REPLIES

Alternately, you could use a SIP trunk between the two, that will allow you to explicity choose the DTMF signalling method

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi minkdennis,

yes, that's true and if I do not get a proper fix I will do that but I'm just looking for a proper reason right now why this isn't working in this scenario.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content