Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing args to: Cisco Telepresence Movi.msi

FlexAirDev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I'm working with Movi 4.2 and am using the Cisco Telepresence Movi.msi because I'm creating my own installer.

I'm trying to pass these arguments to it for a silent install:

/quiet DOMAIN=transport-you.com EXTERNALVCS=transport-you.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1

The Movi_Administrator_Guide_4-2.pdf says I can set these properties but for some reason it's failing when I run it. Here's an example error msg:

The system cannot find the file DOMAIN=transport-you.com.

while executing

"::InstallJammer::actions::$component $this"

Error in action LaunchFile

What am I missing here?

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mattew!

Use the .exe installer file provided in the zip file!

The MSI would be used if you want to build your own software package.

From the admin guide:

Please rate answers and set the thread to answerwed if it is!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Ah, I thought that the MSI file was used if you were packaging the Movi EXE in another installer (as I am doing). Thank you for clearing that up.

Regardless, I am still having no success passing in the arguments.

I'm pointing here:

MoviSetup_4-2.exe

I know the EXE can accept arguments but, for some reason, it is not installing when I enter the arguments below (same args from page 11 in Movi Administrator Guide:

/s v" /qn DOMAIN=transport-you.com EXTERNALVCS=transport-you.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1"

MoviSetup_4-2.exe

/s /v" /qn DOMAIN=transport-you.com EXTERNALVCS=transport-you.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1"

would look better, the v has to be a /v

I would also check that movi and jabber video are deinstalled and maybe do a restart before you try it.

If the headless install is not critical for you you could also use and see if this works for you:

MoviSetup_4-2.exe

/s /v"DOMAIN=transport-you.com EXTERNALVCS=transport-you.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1"

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

You are right about /v but that was a typo on my part.

I've just decided to use JabberVideo.msi and pass in the following arguments:

/quiet DOMAIN=transport-you.com EXTERNALVCS=transport-you.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1

This does a silent install and it works just fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: