Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistent Chat/MUCs with Jabber 9.7 on CUCM9.1/CUPS9.1

famcbwolfe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm testing Jabber 9.7 internally on a CUCM9.1/CUPS9.1 deployment, in hopes of using persistent chat rooms.

Currently, I have working MUC rooms with 3rd party chat clients, but I think there's a configuration option missing from CUCM or CUPS that's preventing me from using them in Jabber for Windows. From Pidgin, I'm able to join a MUC, and invite another user to that persistent MUC -- however, if a Jabber user tries to invite another Jabber user to that MUC, the invited user will recieve a message: "You have been invited to a chat room. However, Cisco Jabber is not configured for chat room services. Contact your administrator". I can't find it in the documentation anywhere, but I have a feeling if I were running CUCM10/CUPS10, I'd have an option (probably on the CSF) to enable said "Chat Room Services".

Can anyone out there confirm or deny this? If you have a CUCM10 deployment, and it does have this option, can you let me know what actually gets added to the jabberconfig xml file?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi famcbwolfe,

I have the same issue, on the same CUCM and CUPS versions.

Was you able to get any further? I too fear that we will need to migration 10.5.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: