cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone icon intermittently greyed out

paulcian_2
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any ideas why the phone icon on the bottom right side of the jabber client screen would be greyed out.  This happens intermittently. Repeated "sign out" and "sign in" will eventually bring it back.

17 Replies 17

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Paulcian,

I also came across this issue in a lab i had a while ago; but i had to delete the Cisco Jabber app data in order for me to get the phone icon back. As soon as i logged out and back in, it stopped working.

Would be interesting to see if you managed to resolve this?

Thanks, Si

Hi guys

We have about 40 clients running J4W 9.0.3. Unfortunately one user have this issue (and he is a CEO ). It's also happens very intermittently, but a sign out-sign in fix the issue. But it shortly returns. I think it happens when he remove a forward to his cell.

I have also tried 9.0.4  on his PC, but same thing. Does anyone have a fix for this? And other users don't seems to have the problem.

Please help.

Thanks

Kristian

Hi All,

This is not a known issue. Please open a case with Cisco TAC so that team could investigate this further.

Thanks,

Maqsood

paulcian_2
Level 1
Level 1

We had our telephony vendor open a case with TAC and they were aware of similar issues.  We are told the next release of Jabber (October 2012) is supposed to fix the issue. 

Hi,

J4W 9.0.5 is just released. Is this issue fixed in 9.0.5?

Kristian

Upgraded Jabber for Windows clients in my lab to 9.0.5 and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Phone icon is present on all clients now, do we know what the issue was? It looked like it something to do with the local machine which Jabber was installed on, some of my users worked and some didnt, yet they had identical config in CUCM?

Thanks, Si

Hi all,

I have some news.

I have found out how to trigger this on all of our Jabber for Windows installations.

How to trigger the greyed out button:

• Sign in to J4W.
  • Set Forward calls to a number or cell.
  • Remove the Forward.
  • Make a call to the J4W and answer the call.
  • Hangup.

Now the button is greyed out. At least on our setup. If I also have a deskphone I can take the hook off and put it down again, and the button is active again. So it seems there have to be some line activity to reactivate the button. 

Can anyone confirm the same issue? We are running J4W 9.0.5.

This is really annoying

Thanks

Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I tried above steps to reproduce but no luck. Since you can reproduce it consistently, please provide a problem report for investigation as below:

1. Exit Jabber and clear Logs folder under "C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF"

2. Start Jabber and reproduce the problem.

3. Create PRT and upload it to my webex site using steps below.

- Open link

https://ciscopoc.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/personalroom/personalroom.do?siteurl=ciscopoc&AT=meet&username=mamushta

- You will see Meetings and Files tab.

- Click on Files tab. It contains a folder called "Jabber Logs" and Upload link on the far right.

- Upload you PRT in this folder

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

I have the PRT file for you. But I can't see the folder called "Jabber Logs" in the WebEx meeting.

Best regards

Kristian Steen Kirk

Hi Kristian,

Can you try it once more?

- https://ciscopoc.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/personalroom/personalroom.do?siteurl=ciscopoc&AT=meet&username=mamushta

- Click on Files tab.

Thanks,

Maqsood

I can't upload sorry. When I try the brower times out. Is it password protected?

Kristian

Hi Maqsood,

Any news about this one? It's really really anoying in our installation. I have opened a TAC on this one, and the TAC supporter could reproduce the problem. I hope that you have a fix soon.

In the logs we could see that the Jabber client tries to connect to the client itself and not the CUCM. Really strange.

This is unacceptable.

Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Is it 622978655? This TAC case has been escalated and is being triaged at the moment.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

It's exactly the case. I'm glad to hear you have focus on it, as my users are asking for a solution.

Thanks

Kristian