Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Photo mismatch in jabber for android 9.6

Hi All,

I'm having issues with the cisco jabber client on the android 9.6:

1- The contact photos not all of them displayed correctly. there are some people having wrong photo displayed for them. but, when I click on that photo, its fixed  !! why is that !! only in the android version, the windows version is fine 100%.

2- how can I stop the sync feature for the contact with the phone contact ?? I don't want the jabber contact to be shown in my android mobile contact, and to conflict with my original contact. can I do that ?

Thanks alot

Everyone's tags (1)
Community Member

1.  I think this plagues

1.  I think this plagues other jabber clients (windows/ios) too...  This is an internal bug.

2.  If I'm not mistaken, you have to update your field mappings in CM:

CM > Application > Legacy Client > Settings > clear Photo field

Give that a try...

Community Member

Hi All bro, al.ibrahim.14, 

Hi All

in the jabber client for windows 9.7  works fine, but i cant still see the photos in jabber client for android 9.6

help me please

Cisco Employee

The jabber for android works

The jabber for android works on Jabber-config.xml now to fetch contact resolution and contact photo retrieval; please refer to the following doc to learn more about it;

Cisco Employee

Do you have thumbnail photo

Do you have thumbnail photo configured for Jabber for Android; if "YES", then here is the defect that you are running into;

Please wait on the next release of the jabber for android and refer to the release notes for the bug fix.

Please rate if this helps.

CreatePlease to create content