Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Possible to force same Jabber Plugin version for all users on Client?

Hello,

i have a Windows 7 Client from which several users are connecting to a Jabber Server. When the users are connecting for the first time, they will get prompted to install the Jabber Plugin Client for their browser. After that, the works. In Add / Remove programs i can see that the Jabber Client Plugin is installed, lets say for example with version 10.1.

When another user logs into the same client and opens a connection the the Jabber Server he will also get prompted to download and install the Jabber Client plugin.

When one of the users does a manual update of the Jabber Client (for example by installing a corresponding .msi package) to lets say version 11, the other users still have version 10.1 installed.

Is there a way to make sure all users will have the new version available so they don't need to update the Jabber Plugin once they try to Access a newer Server?

I'm asking especially because last time we had troubles with those users who had an old version installed, they couldn't run the update.

• Jabber Clients
1 REPLY

At your site, do users have

At your site, do users have the ability to download/install updates on Windows 7? Typically, users don't have the ability to download/install updates (i.e. software) on the workstation. Most likely, users need admin privileges to update Cisco Jabber.

You can check the jabber-config file for the UpdateURL parameter. If present, then you should delete/remove this parameter.

Views
Helpful
Replies