cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

prepopulated AD contacts in Jabber

wgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again, there is another issue that I've been having for quite some time.  We want to deploy Cisco Jabber for windows to our entire company of 250+ users.   One feature that everyone likes with their existing IM client ( Spark IM) is their contacts list is prepopulated showing ever user in the organization and they are grouped according to their AD OU.  For example we can have an AD OU for Dallas and we have user A,B,C and another OU for Houston showing user X,Y, and Z.  They show up in the contact list according to this structure.  According to my system admin, Spark IM prepopulates the contact list because the domain is defined as scope when setting up the server for this application.

Now here is my dilemma.   With Jabber it would be nice to have a feature like this.   I've tried so many things and haven't been able to get anything like this to work.  I know about the Bulk import/export contact list method but that only works if you have a csv of every single user in AD and in additional to that you need to add every contact per user.   This method is not feasible.  I also want this contact list to pull directly from Active directory and to list every user who is presence enabled.  My management doesnt like the fact that each end user may need to build their own contact list as they're used to having all of that information from the get-go with their current IM client.  Any thoughts or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately there is no workaround for this.

- Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: