Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Prevent Jabber to display mobile numbers for specific users

Hello,

We run Jabber(Windows) 9.2.2 and 9.7.1 on a CUCM/CUPS 10.x infrastructure, our users are ActiveDirectory/LDAP synchronized, we have details like homephone or mobilephone populated in the AD and I would like to prevent some users to view these numbers. Is there a way to filter out specific LDAP fields for some users ?

Thank you

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

No, neither in CUCM, nor in

No, neither in CUCM, nor in Jabber you have the option to filter fields.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

No, neither in CUCM, nor in

No, neither in CUCM, nor in Jabber you have the option to filter fields.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

OK,Thanks, I will have to

OK,

Thanks, I will have to play with the permissions of the ldap user used for the sync.

Do you think the "fields filtering" could be an interesting option to add to the products ?

Thank you fo your help

Patrick

Two things come to mind.

Several things come to mind.

1) Move the required hidden mobile numbers to another attribute not seen by CUCM.

2) Move the Executive users to another OU outside the Base Search.

3) Go into CUCM - User Mgmt - UC Profile, and use the Base Filter to strips those users with a specific dept or title, or some other atribute. Example:

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(department=Executive)))

4) Or maybe just trick them into thinking it doesn't work by using a Translation Pattern for their mobile number and Deny Route tied to a specific Block Partition, and add that to their CSS devices.

Really think that Cisco should add CSS powers to multiple Directories or Multiple UC Profiles to filter out Executives info.

CadJoe

CUCM, Gotta Love It!

I have this issue where I

I have this issue where I update the end user in CUCM with an extra number (mobile). When vieweing the profile in Jabber the new number not there. Only when you hover over the profile, you get a new menu with a black "i". When you click on the "i" then only the number pulls through from CUCM.

This is very weird, does not happen to all users.  I have the newest Jabber version 11 installed. 

Any idea what this could be and why?

Thanks

Might be because of this bug.

Might be because of this bug.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv90700/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Really a pain that it won't see ipPhone, as ALL my users internal extensions are in this attribute.

CadJoe

CUCM, Gotta Love It!

My issue is only with one

My issue is only with one Jabber user.

Views
Helpful
Replies