Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime License Manager Issue

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a CUCM cluster running 11.5(1)SU2 with the Publisher server running the Prime License Manager instance.

I also have a Unity Connection cluster which uses the PLM server on the CUCM Publisher.

Unity Connection was initially running 11.5(1)SU2 but I upgraded it to 11.5(1)SU3 to get the new PIN sync feature working but now it cannot sync with the PLM running on CUCM.

I can add the Product Instance to PLM and the Test Connection reports success but when I click the Synchronise Now button it fails.

Is there any way around this short of upgrading the whole CUCM cluster?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I am not sure why I posted this under Jabber clients - not having a good Monday!

I opened a TAC case and got a really good engineer who advised that the SU2 PLM in CUCM is not compatible with CUC SU3 (Standalone PLM SU2 has been updated).

As a workaround we transferred the Unity Connection licenses to the PLM instance running on Unity Connection.

The conclusion I draw from this is that it is a good idea to have a standalone PLM server which can be upgraded independently of  CUCM and CUC.

I guess this is moot once we start moving to version 12.x though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: