Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Jabber Guest license on X8.8 or above

osw200051
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

The following is the "note" from Cisco expressway with Jabber Guest deployment: 

■ Prior to X8.8, a rich media session license was required on the Expressway-C for each Jabber Guest session.

Changes to the licensing model in X8.8 release have revealed an issue with licensing of the Jabber Guest service on the Expressway-E server. When the Expressway pair is part of a "single NIC" deployment, the Expressway-E should count one RMS license for each Jabber Guest call, but it does not. This issue could cause confusion about the server's load because the usage appears low, even when the server is processing multiple calls. We recommend the dual NIC Jabber Guest deployment. If you are using the single NIC deployment, make sure your Expressway-E is correctly licensed to ensure continuity of service when upgrading in future.

But I don't know that is mean. 

That means if I use X8.8 or above, Jabber Guest with dual NIC deployment would not need any Rich Media Session License?

Thanks for help. 

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Starting with 8.8 you do not need RMS licenses for calls between registered systems. So, in the case of B2B calls you would now only need one RMS license in the -E server instead of the previous requirement for one in the -C and one in the -E. The note above is indicating a problem with license counts in single NIC deployments. The count is artificially low.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-8.pdf

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

That mean if I deploy Jabber Guest, for one call, I just need one RMS on E note, right?

Thanks

Yes, as long as you are running 8.8 or above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: