cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove jabber certificate when logging in?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

whenever i log in jabber on my android or iphone or even windows i get this message "Cisco Jabber cannot confirm identity of this server . Do you want to continue" for the cucm certificate . then there is continue option to log in normally . My manager asked me to remove it , can anyone shed light on how to do so?

i have:

cucm 10.5.2

vcs-expressway

vcs-control

cisco IM&P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'll tell you how to get to the documentation, this works the same for any product, you will be able to find any documentation you need in the future.

go to cisco.com -> hover over Support -> left column, Product support, click All products -> click on Select a Product -> type the name of the product, then click on it once it shows -> done

ALL the Jabber documentation is there, the docs you need to review are under Install and Upgrade.

Yes, the trust store is on each device (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.), which certs are required, is explained in the documentation.

That is up to you, and what you want to do, you can buy public CA certs for all servers, or you can use internal CA, the only server you really want to have with a public CA cert is VCS-E/EXP-E. For CUCM/IM&P you do not need to reset the servers, just restart some services, depending on which certs you install.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber documentation covers certificates in several chapters, which address your question, if you have not reviewed the documentation, that should be your first step.

In short, unless the certificate is already in the trust store of the device, it's expected to get the prompt.

If the certificate is already in the trust store, and matches the certificate you get upon login, you will not get any prompt.

HTH

java

-can you please link me the document the explains how to do it?

-by the device trust store  you mean the certificate should be on my iphone or android? the same one on the servers? so i need to upload the certificate on all my company jabber phones???

-some colleagues told me i need to buy a certificate and install it on all (cucm , vcs-expressway , vcs-control , IMP) and reset the servers?

I'll tell you how to get to the documentation, this works the same for any product, you will be able to find any documentation you need in the future.

go to cisco.com -> hover over Support -> left column, Product support, click All products -> click on Select a Product -> type the name of the product, then click on it once it shows -> done

ALL the Jabber documentation is there, the docs you need to review are under Install and Upgrade.

Yes, the trust store is on each device (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.), which certs are required, is explained in the documentation.

That is up to you, and what you want to do, you can buy public CA certs for all servers, or you can use internal CA, the only server you really want to have with a public CA cert is VCS-E/EXP-E. For CUCM/IM&P you do not need to reset the servers, just restart some services, depending on which certs you install.

HTH

java